CEOC offers free tax preparation to people with low or moderate incomes, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need help in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified staff provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Free Tax Preparation
Free Tax Preparation is provided by appointment only. Call 617-868-2900 to see if you qualify.
From January 31, 2020 until July 15, 2020
11 Inman Street, Cambridge MA 02139
CEOC Receptionist: 617-868-2900
What To Bring With You To Your Appointment:
- Non-expired Photo ID required
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer ID Letter (ITIN) for you, your dependents and/or your spouse
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All 1099 forms- 1099G (unemployment), 1099 R (pension payments), 1099INT (bank interest), 1099SSA (Social Security), 1099 or self-employment
- W2 forms from all jobs in 2019
- Bank-issued printed account and routing numbers to direct deposit your tax refund into your account
- Proof of health insurance (Health insurance cards, HC-1099 and 1095-A. 1095-C if applicable) for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents*
- If you received the premium tax credit, you must bring in a 1095A
- Total child care expenses in 2019, and child care provider’s name, address, and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- All 1098T forms (tuition payments), college statements, receipts for materials
- Total student loan interest paid (1098E) or lender statement
- Proof of all rent paid in 2019
- Proof of ANY deductible out of pocket expenses (annual BWSC, charitable receipts, property taxes)
- Any mail from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue and/or any mail from the IRs.